Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guess who's back...back again...Ammar's back..tell a friend

You all probably think that I fell off the face of the earth. Partially true, but the main reason you haven't seen an update in awhile is because I got a bit of a cold. When I get sick, I get extremely upset and grumpy. Believe me, you wouldn't want to read an upset grumpy update. It would terrify you!!

Lets go back a few weeks, before the sickness settled in. September 1-5 was sadly my last Nipika camp of the summer/fall season. Like always, I had a great camp with awesome new training partners from the Callaghan Valley Training Center. I'm so fortunate that the CVTC joined us, because that meant I got some female training partners.

Emily Nishikawa, Bryn Knight, and I shared a cabin. With Bryn not training most afternoons, she immediately became the mother of the house- Doing dish duty, sweeping, and making a fire to keep the cabin warm. Which was a pretty sweet deal for Emily and I.

The camp was full of quality training, and I managed to hold off my cold until the last day. The week after the camp was pretty boring. Trying to rest up like crazy and not get my boyfriend sick were my new goals. It was a tough week for me. Being in a distance relationship with Chris is hard enough, then he finally has time to come out and see me in Canmore and I get sick!! Frustration Station!

By the end of the week I started feeling better, and I had a great time with Chris before he headed back home to Squampton.

Now I'm gearing up for my next camp in Mammoth, CA. I leave thursday(sept.18th) and I promise to keep you updated while I'm down there.

Ciao!

Here's some photos from Nipika.

Team 2010 and CVTC
Double Pole Workout
From left to right: Sam Lindsay, Chris Werrell, Pate Neumann, Sean Crooks, Philip Widmer, and Dave Nighbor.
Striding up Hwy 93 toward Radium

The Boys Cabin at Nipika

No comments: