Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Can't keep me away

I have so much to say, that I don't even know where to start. Every athlete has a story, and mine happens to be a big one that I really don't want to get into, cause my fingers are too lazy to type that much.
I enjoy point form. So here it is :)

-Took a year off skiing. My body made that choice.....it was way over cooked.
- Got a job and joined the rest of the world.
- Made new friends that helped me more than they'll ever know.
- Went to Moab and fell in love with mountain biking.
-Mountain biked every day from March to end of September.
- Got wicked biker calves ;) hee hee.
- My competitive spirit got reignited.
- Winter came and I got a craving to do some fun ski races.
- Some how got talked into racing a couple nationals races. Got my first medal as a senior in the team sprint with superstar Annika Hicks.
- Realized I'm not yet done with the sport.
- Inspired by Madaleine Williams, I have decided to come back to skiing on my own. Racing for Track N' Trail ski shop.

Doesn't point form rock?! I must also mention that the support I have been receiving has been unreal. Coming back to the sport on my own is something I am very excited about. I get to make my own rules, and do what feels best for me. Financially this is not easy to do. With the help of my first two big sponsors, Track N' Trail and LifeWorks, I feel that this is only just a start of an exciting year with hopefully more supporters/sponsors to come!

I love skiing and I love the people involved:) Team NINJA(me) is all about having fun and going for it with no regrets. Can't wait to see you all on the trails!

No comments: